When you support scholarships at Sion you open doors and change lives.
Expendable scholarships are distributed in the same year that they are received. An expendable scholarship can be established with a minimum of $250. The fund does not accrue interest and can only be awarded based upon the amount given. For donors who want to support scholarships for Sion students but don’t have a goal of creating a permanent award, this opportunity is an ideal option.
An endowed scholarship establishes a permanent asset from which students will receive support into perpetuity. The minimum funding level for an endowed scholarship is $25,000, which can be established through a one-time gift or by making a pledge to Sion. Once you have reached the minimum funding level, funds will be dispersed.
You can make a contribution to an existing* fund or establish your own expendable or endowed scholarship fund. All contributions for scholarships are fully tax deductible.
Scholarships may include a number of criteria, however please keep in mind that the more broadly defined the criteria is, the easier it is to award. Here are few ways to establish criteria:
- By grade
- By grade point average
- By campus
- By zip code
Scholarship recipients are selected in collaboration with staff in the Advancement and Admissions department, and according to the donor’s wishes as stipulated in the Fund Agreement. Donors may not select recipients.
Current Endowed Scholarships
- Alice J. Munninghoff Scholarship*
- Bascom, Sittenfeld, White Family Scholarship
- Colleen Conway Holloway 90’ Scholarship
- Feld Twins Scholarship
- Forster Powers Scholarship
- Gary Adams Music Scholarship*
- Geraldine Finucane Geisel ’47 Memorial Scholarship
- George Byron Livesay Memorial French Scholarship
- Gerre Gene Goodman Strauss ’40 Memorial Scholarship
- Glena C. Hughes Leadership Scholarship
- John J. Sullivan, Jr. Scholarship in Memory of Laura Diviney Sullivan
- Julie Anne Ptacek 02’ Memorial Scholarship
- Lady of Sion Scholarship
- Lucie Jane Desloge McAnany Scholarship
- Murray Religious Retreat Scholarship
- Robert and Marian Munninghoff Scholarship
- Rosemarie Wirthman Kilker Mathematics Scholarship
- Samuel M. Davidson Memorial Scholarship
- Sion Girls Scholarship
- Sister Luciene Marek, NDS Our Lady of Sion Scholarship
- Sister Marie Ida Scholarship*
- Stockely Family Scholarship
- Storm Stomp Scholarship*
- Sylvia Owens-Duchen Scholarship
- The Legacy Club Scholarship*
- Weiford Family Scholarship
Current Expendable Scholarships
- Alumnae Scholarship*
- Hoehn Family Scholarship
- Patterson Family Scholarship
- Spirit of 76' Diane Medved Harper Scholarship
- Uryasz Family Scholarshhip
This is an interior page column 3 hello.